Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Loeffler Randall Pippa Flat, $350
- Ann Taylor Helena Leather Platform Sandals in Natural, $79 (on sale
- Zara Studded Leather Slingback with Ankle Strap, $59.99 (on sale from $79.90)
- C.Wonder Leopard Calf Hair Ankle Strap Sandal, $98
- Schutz Brenae Pump, $195
- Nine West Callen Pump in White Leather, $69.99 (on sale from $85)
- Zara Strappy Flat Sandals, $$49.99 (on sale from $89.90)
- Vince Camuto
- Charles David Token Patent Leather Ankle Strap Pump in Fossil, $159 (on sale from $195)
- Ann Taylor Mara Leather Kitten Heel Sandals in Guava Juice, $59 (on s
Warmer weather brings with it the challenge of how to look pulled together without passing out. One of our easiest tricks to attain that elusive effortless summer outfit is to keep the clothing simple while you let your feet to do the talking.
Don't fear, this doesn't automatically mean you should throw on your highest heels. Right now, we're reaching for shoes with strappy ankle details that come in a variety of styles for a variety of moods, from flat gladiator sandals for those it's-too-hot-to-do-anything-except-linger- over-mimosas-at-brunch Saturdays to sleek, pointy-toed options for the office. The ankle-hugging straps add just the right amount of polish to elevate your look out of sandal territory, while still staying firmly grounded in the spirit of summer. Enjoy ten of our favorites in the gallery above.—Cleo Zancope
· All Buy It Now [Racked]