Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The top shared ads on YouTube last month (as collected from Unruly Media by Mashable) are in and at least one of them isn't surprising at all: Dove's beauty ad in which women dramatically share their perceived flaws with a forensic artist came in first place for the second month running (with 738,150 shares!). It is the most watched ad of all time after-all. But for the rest of the top five most-shared ads in May, see below.
2. Evian: baby&me with 641,070 shares. Dancing babies, can't lose.
3. Samsung: Galaxy S4 Sound & Shot with 572,739 shares. Another heartstring puller.
4. Audi's Zachary Quinto vs. Leonard Nimoy: "The Challenge" with 566,013. Spock vs. Spock is great but we're attributing this one to the mid-ad Hobbit monologue.
5. Kmart's Ship My Pants with 463,904. Say it with us, "Ship your pants."
· YouTube's 10 Most-Shared Ads in May [Mashable]
· Dove Ad Becomes Most-Watched YouTube Video Ad Ever [Racked]