Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A book of Karl Lagerfeld quotes called "Le monde selon Karl" (or "The World According to Karl") is slated to be published in the fall, even though nobody asked for it, not even Karl himself. WWD reports that "the designer did not cooperate on the book project but is said to be happy with the compilation." After the jump find the Kaiser's "best" quotes, as told by his cat Choupette because this is the internet, and that's how it should be.
- "There is no marriage, yet, for human beings and animals. I never thought that I would fall in love like this with a cat." Image via
- “I’m not mad for thongs.” Image via Gr
- “Sometimes the best ideas I have are in my bathtub or in my bed or in my dreams early in the morning before waking up… I’m like a TV antennae, I catch it all and do it my way." Image via i-D
- "It would have been difficult to have an ugly daughter... If I were a woman, I would love to have lots of kids. But for men, I don't believe in it." Image via
- “Respect is not creative ... Chanel is an institution, and you have to treat an institution like a whore—and then you get something out of her.”
- "A sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants."
- There is no touch of what is considered bad taste or bad design [with technology], because bad design is bad taste today. They are flawless in a way. Facebook is a flawless object…it’s for me
- "They're my burka... I'm a little shortsighted, and people, when they're shortsighted, they remove their glasses and then they look like cute little dogs who want to be adopted." Image via i-D
- “My only ambition in life ... is to wear size 28 jeans.” Grazia
- "Nothing scares me more than people with some doll collection. Frightening." Image via
- "Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties. On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don't like the sister's face.