Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Wire, where we round up the day's biggest beauty news.
Nivea Launches Custom Caps with Rebecca Minkoff via BellaSugar
As if choosing between cherry and mint wasn't difficult enough, Nivea is adding another layer to your impulse lip balm purchases with their new Style Uncapped site, which allows anyone to design their own custom cap online. The site offers more than 400 patterns and symbols from super heros to orange-headed octopuses to a Rebecca Minkoff limited edition cap "based on a bandana print from her spring 2013 collection." [TheGloss]
· Evolving with style to keep up with the Rachels and Karlies, new research shows that women try out around 150 hairstyles in their lifetime, and change their color an average of once a year with the most common cause being boredom. [NYDailyNews ]
· Confirming what's been obvious on drugstore shelves for a while, BusinessWeek is reporting that the sales of argan oil have more than doubled, with 588 argan infused beauty products debuting last year alone. [BusinessWeek]
· Forget the warm towel, US Airways is partnering up with Red Flower to create in-flight amenity kits for business class passengers including a lotion, face towelette and lip balm, and scents designed to stimulate "brain waves and boosts the immune system to help with jet lag. [Style]
· Couples beware: According to AshleyMadison.com, cheating women tend to double "the amount of money spent on their physical appearance after straying from their spouses." [HuffingtonPost]
· ABC's Revenge might be sweet, but now you can actually smell it thanks to the just launched Double Infinity fragrance inspired by the show, and layered with notes of jasmine, peony, and pink pepper. [Birchbox] —Alyssa Carroll