Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, a new Racked series where fancy people at glamourous parties answer our probing questions.
- Joesph Altuzarra, Altuzarra, designer
- Whitney Pozgay, WHIT, designer
- Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters, Creatures of the Wind, designers
- Daniel Vosovic, designer
- Wes Gordon, designer
- Sofia Sizzi, Giulietta, designer
- Bibhu Mohapatra, designer
- Gaby Basora, Tucker, designer
- Alan Eckstein and Timo Weiland, Timo Weiland, designer
- Flora Gill and Alexa Adams, Ohne Titel, designer
We got an extensive lesson in the art of wool last night at the U.S. Woolmark Prize award ceremony, where ten finalists including Joesph Altuzarra, Timo Weiland, and Creatures of the Wind whipped up a couple of ingenious wool designs in the hopes of taking home $100,000 for their next collection and moving on to the International Woolmark Prize competition. Joesph Altuzarra was named the winner (he plans to use his winnings to launch a pre-fall line), but before the award was handed out we took the opportunity to ask each of the 10 finalists (pictured here with their models) what should never be made out of wool.—Erika Graham · Altuzarra Takes On The Miracle Dress For Fall 2013 [Racked]
· All Party Bites Coverage [Racked]