Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Kate Middleton's unofficial official due date is today, July 11 (unless it was a royal hoax because royal palace is a royal pain in the butt). So we and anyone else who cares are falling out of our chairs every minute in anticipation. But despite such dire adversity, we still managed to collect some of the most batshit crazy things people have reported on Kate and the royal womb resident while we play the waiting game. See below.
1. Snooki wrote an open letter to the DoC. It went something like this: Sing Elton John lullabies to your "booger"/"royal golden nugget"; love it a lot. That's a win for new nicknames for tiny people, a major win for Snooki's relate-ability, and a whatever for Kate because she's busy.
2. There's a ton of memorabilia out there and it sells, apparently. People with degrees in economics are saying sales are expected to boost the economy by $400 million. Probably thanks entirely to this guy.
3. Like have you seen these plates?
4. E! News "obtained" a menu that will be made available to Kate and her visitors. Each meal is three courses, which include some combination of the following:
· Cream of tomato soup
· Lamb chops
· Mediterranean grilled chicken
· Fresh fruit platters
· A selection of cheese
· Baguettes (Because she's no Kanye.)
· Various wines and champagnes
We don't want to imagine what had to be done to find that out, E!.
5. Still, she's just craving curry.
6. There are tons of "sources close to the Duchess" revealing her feelings. For example, US Magazine broke the news that Kate is "really enjoying her final weeks of pregnancy" and "finds pregnancy fascinating." Another one said she feels kind of lonely.
7. You guys have all heard about the royal easel, right? Right.
And now we wait. And dance.
· Kate Middleton Is Pregnant! Here's An Approximation of What Her Baby Will Look Like [Racked]