Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The finalists for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund's tenth time around are in, and you might not recognize some of the names. Public School's Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne are in there, along with a strong menswear and accessories showing. But designers like Marc Alary and Misha Nonoo are slightly more under-the-radar outside of fashion's inner circles. We've chosen a single look from each finalists' latest collection along with the full list below, so we can all get acquainted.
If you're a betting reader, feel free to consider who would make the best J.Crew collaboration as well as pieces for Uniqlo as you're browsing. The Japanese retailer is underwriting this year's competition, and J.Crew continues to host collaborations from the winner and two runners up during the spring/summer season. As usual, the winner also gets $300,000 and mentoring from top industry folks, while second and third place gets $100,000. Get to finding a favorite below; you only have four months until the winner is chosen.
- Misha Nonoo, Nonoo, Resort 2014
- Marc Alary
- Tim Coppens, FW2013
- Juan Carlos Obando, Resort 2013 at Barneys
- Jason Jones and Mike Feldman, Parabellum
- Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne, Public School, AW2013
- Shimon Ovadia and Ariel Ovadia, Ovadia & Sons
- Veronica Swanson Beard and Veronica Miele Beard, Veronica Beard, Resort 2014
- Todd Snyder, FW2013
- Ryan Lobo and Ramon Martin, TOME, SS2013