Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The easy-to-throw-on-and-go dress. Cape Lookout Dress by Collina Strada, $180 (was $680) at Of a Kind
- The shoulder bag/backback for schlepping mags and snacks. Crosstown by Moving Moutains, $184.99 (was $370) at Need Supply Co.
- The pseudo-dressy sandals for faking put-togetherness while staying comfortable. Three-Strap Sandal
- Slouchy shorts for optimal ease. Shorts by Joie, $74.99 (were $134) at Piperlime
- If you're going to do the high-waisted bathing suit trend, do it big with an awesome print. Rock Band Bikini by Minnow Bathers, $131.99 (was $175) at Need Supply Co.
- Don't forget your perfect white tee. Kime Jersey Tee by Velvet by Graham & Spencer, $37.49 (was $59) at Piperlime
- And last but not least, your face-brightening sunnies. Hepcat Shades, $46.50 (were $55) at Ma
The special challenge to packing for a beach vacation is keeping your look airy, light, and carefree but also pulled-together—and that applies to both the clothes you'll wear and your actual suitcase. So we scoured the excellent sales at Steven Alan, Need Supply Co., Piperlime, Madewell, and the Callina Strada sample sale at Of a Kind for only the most essential pieces for your next stay by the sea. Take a look above.
· 7 Nail Wraps for Summer, No Drying Time Required [Racked]
· 12 Multitasking Summer Dresses for On Duty and Off [Racked]