Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Just saying the word "romper" puts a smile on our face, so imagine how much fun actually wearing one is. If you're new to rompers, they can seen intimidating—but their so full of breezy ease, we think their one wardrobe case worth cracking.
The most important thing to consider when choosing a romper is fit. Since top and bottom are connected, if the waist is off—even by a little bit—you're bound to be uncomfortable. So choose a romper the same way you'd chose a dress. If you have slim hips and can handle a drop waist, try the Zara option above. If A-line is your thing, Motel makes a flirty button-down number that might be up your alley. And if high-waisted works for you, Urban Outfitters stocks a white lace option that would make an excellent alternative to the traditional LWD. After the jump, we've eight onsies bound to please experts and romper virgins alike. Enjoy. —Cleo Zancope
UPDATE, 2016: Rompers are still in, and still on sale. We found this one from Aritzia...
... and this one from Asos....
... and this one from Eloquii.
Oh, and this super reduced one from Asos.
All cool, all on sale. Get 'em while they're hot.
- To create a laid-back, yet polished look, pair this jumper from Zarawith a statement necklace, chic flats, and a structured bag. The full length pant will make this a fun fall transition piece, too.
- Motel Mary's Lace Romper lends the illusion of perfectly matched separates with a retro vibe. Edge things up a little with black moto b
- Perfect for an shorts-friendly office or a bridal/baby shower, this romper's modest cut allows for the fun print to take center stage. Keep your accessories in a black-and-white palette, add delicate jewelry, a sleek chignon, and top it all off with a cle
- Flirty and fun, Motel's Ditsy Floral Romper would look just as good with flip flops and
- The versatility of chambray has made it a staple in our closets, and we especially love it in this playful incarnation. You could wear this romper about a million ways, but for some summer fun try going a little "country" with a side braid and boots, or k
- Play off of this minimalist jumper's high neckline and zippered accents by adding a long necklace and heeled boots for an outfit that will turn heads at happy hour. Sparkle & Fade
- This Swing Romper with Sheer P
- This classic striped romper oozes Americana and is the perfect accompaniment to a bathing suit for a day spent near a body of water (the kiddie pool counts). Stripe T-Shirt Romper,
· All Buy It Now [Racked]