Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
At yesterday's ESPYs, John Hamm brought the jokes, and the red carpet brought the bandage dresses. No one was left out; Celebrities, models, and athletes alike rocked the look.
A couple theories as to why awards for physical prowess, teamwork, and being clutch under pressure makes the ladies want to leave little to the imagination include:
(a) Their body is of above average sicktitude and, in many cases, it's at its personal sickest. They did all the squats. There are no squats left because they did all of them.
(b) Couture hates muscles.
(c) Bandage dresses are the red carpet power dress.
After the jump find the shortest, the tightest, the topless-est, and the sparkliest.
- Jennie Finch, former pitcher of USA national softball team and the Chicago Bandits
- Danica Patrick, racing driver
- Monica Cabbler, former track and field Olympian
- Marisa Miller, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model
- Paula Patton, actress
- Tara Lipinski, Olympic gold medalist for figure skating
- Alex Morgan, forward for National Women's Soccer League club Portland Thorns FC and the U.S. Women's National Team
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, Olympic gold medalist beach volleyball player
- Cheryl Burke, Dancing with the Stars
- Gabrielle Union, actress
- Garcelle Beauvais, actress
- Katherine Webb, Miss Alabama
- Lake Bell, actress
- Selena Gomez, actress (honorable mention for half-bandage)