Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We couldn't help but notice that the inspiration behind 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target seemed to be largely... Phillip Lim. A number of pieces in the collection appear to walk straight off of the catwalk and will be on Target's hangers September 15—of course, they've likely morphed from silk to poly in the transition. After the jump, ten pieces from the Target collection and their main line comps.
- Comic book sweaters. Right: Pre-Fall 2012, image via Style.com
- Navy suiting. Right: Fall 2013, image via Style.com
- Pointy white loafers. Right: Leather loafers, $375 at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Trench coat with a pop. Right: Trench coat, $950 at 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Jewel-neck LBD. Right: Embellished dress, $595 at Net-a-Porter
- Leopard-printed intimates. Right: Animal Leopard Babydoll Cami, $165 at Barneys New York
- Little yellow bag. Right: Mini Pashli bag,
- Printed carryall. Right: 31 Hour bag, $795 at Aloha Rag Navy camo-paneled shirt,
- Camo panelling. Right: Navy camo-paneled shirt, $295 at SSENSE
- Abstract florals. Right: Floral top, $388 at The Corner