Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that the hubbub from Phillip Lim's Target lookbook has subsided, a few interesting newsbits have come across the transom concerning the collaboration. The first is in regards to those stellar white flats first spied in a print ad on Monday. A noted fashion journalist wrote to Racked:
"As an FYI, the pointy white loafers are actually 3.1 Phillip Lim main line...not Target design and won't be for sale as part of the collection. They just used them for the lookbook. I asked them yesterday. I don't believe there are any Phillip Lim x Target women's shoes."Well, that's disappointing.
· Out of LA, we hear that there will be no quantity restrictions for this collection in-store and online (expect people to be loading up on those purses). Also, our editors report that Target is touring the country to snap top bloggers in major cities—Dallas, LA, Chicago, Miami, NYC and even Toronto—for an "interactive, mind-blowing cinemagraphic" to run during the collaboration's launch event (most likely a big bash) in New York on September 5th.
· To respond to all the queries: the women's handbags are not made of real leather. We were all hopeful, yes, but given the pricing (under $60 for accessories), it's obvious they're faux. Fashion editors who went to the preview and had hands-on contact with the accessories confirm this.
· And finally, for all the men out there, GQ has a very nice slideshow of every single men's piece with pricing details. They've also printed a Q&A with the designer where he reveals his must-buy piece from the capsule: the "grab and go pack" filled with a tee, underwear and socks. "It comes in black and gray and it's essential," said Lim.
· 10 Phillip Lim x Target Looks Pulled Straight From The Main Line [Racked]
· BOOM: See the Entire 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target Collection [Racked]
· All Phillip Lim x Target Coverage [Racked]