Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The news that Ben Affleck has been cast to play Batman in Zack Snyder's sequel to Man of Steel caused the internet to feel many things: Disbelief, angst, incredulity, self-doubt, and the anger that comes before a mass riot. But we can't tell you how many times we've watched an Affleck flick and thought, "man, wouldn't he look more natural in a batsuit?" It's the garb he was meant to wear this whole time. See below for the six items of proof.
- Clerks II, 2006. Because it accentuates the fu manchu.
- Gigli, 2003. Because anything could have helped.
- Armageddon, 1998. Because of the animal crackers. You remember.
- Chasing Amy, 1997. Because we would have understood Amy's dilemma. Also, again with the facial hair.
- Mallrats, 1995. Because Batman wouldn't take shit from mall cops.
- Dazed and Confused, 1993. Y'all ready to bust some ass?
· Super Heroes Are Coming For Your Man's Face [Racked]