In a rare role reversal, the models at Steven Alan's spring 2014 presentation looked like the most comfortable people in the room. Pants were slouchy, tops were loose, and the color palette—white, beige, and seersucker-y blue—was downright soothing. Accessories included vaguely '90s mirrored shades, flat oxfords, and big floppy hats, some of them pulled over tousled, low-maintenance hair.
The overall vibe was very springtime sleepover party. In order to do it justice, we've ranked the looks from most to least pajama-like below.
- This is a top over a long summer skirt, but it's also a pair of pajamas owned by your grandpa.
- Getting sleepy.
- Trench coat or bathrobe: Why choose?
- Slouchiness rating: Extreme.
- We saw several jumpsuits and jumpsuit-like ensembles.
- Daytime blazer with bedhead.
- This is an actual dress. But it would still look cute if you slept in it.
- Please don't sleep in these.