J.Crew womenswear designer Tom Mora was dreaming of the California coast and European beaches when creating the brand's latest collection. "I want them to walk into our stores and smile," he said of shoppers. "It's a happy collection, filled with fantastic new pieces in great colors, prints, and new proportions."
The presentation, held an hour ago, showcased the somewhat stripped-down J.Crew we met via their last lookbook. Unlike seasons past, styling was kept to a minimum. There weren't a ton of accessories or layers, instead, there was an easy mix of sophisticated summertime dresses, blazers and skirts paired with casual pieces like oversize tees and slouchy olive cargo shorts. Wildly-printed heels from designer Sophia Webster's new collab with the retailer gave each outfit a fashion-y spin. Notably glasses-less J.Crew doyenne Jenna Lyons was on hand to make sure everything went smoothly; it appears that she's working a new look as well.
- Great color. Photo via huffpoststyle/Instagram.
- The full lineup. Photo via imninagarcia/Instagram.
- Bonkers black-and-white Sophia Webster heels. Image via Elle UK/Instagram.
- A splash of neon greeny-yellow. Photo via Kyle Editor/Instagram.
- Cool details. Photo via blaireadiebee/Instagram.
- Big tees? Image via ginaleakelly/Instagram.
- Those heels. Photo via lapresmidi/Instagram.
- A floral dress and a cute knit and shorts combo. Image via Elle UK/Instagram.
- Jenna's new look--no glasses! Photo via huffpoststyle/Instagram.
- More men's looks. Photo via Kyle Editor/Instagram.
- A shoe from the Sophia Webster collab. Image via Elle USA/Instagram.
- A white suit in the foreground. Photo via imninagarcia/Instagram.
- More Sophia Webster. Image via Elle UK/Instagram.
- Slouchy shorts and a sparkly skirt. Photo via ginaleakelly/Instagram.
- Menswear! Image via ginaleakelly/Instagram.
- A sophisticated, printed sheath. Image via joyann_bazaar/Instagram.