Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Rent the Runway has just taken the wrapper off its new RTR Plus section, offering women who wear a size 14 to a 22 an assortment of designer dresses for rental. Right now the selection is limited to 39 styles, but includes dresses both long and short; prices range from $50 to $185. There are options from designers such as Badgley Mischka, Carmen Marc Valvo and Theia, all who custom-created gowns for RTR Plus.
Rent the Runway CEO Jennifer Hyman said of the site's expansion, "Every woman deserves to feel beautiful before the most important occasions in her life and every woman regardless of her size should have her choice of the designer dress that gives her the most self-confidence." The plus-size category was added due to customer demand.
· Announcing the Launch of Rent the Runway + [Rent the Runway]
· Rent the Runway Announces the Launch of RTR Plus [PR Newswire]
· Introducing: RTR Plus from Rent The Runway [YouTube]
· Rent the Runway, L'Oreal Will Infiltrate Your Sorority [Racked]
· Rent the Runway Ups Its Social Game By Acquiring 'Go Try It On' [Racked]