Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A few months ago, Uniqlo announced that they'd be opening ten new stores in the US this fall. The expansion plans excluded huge swaths of the country like the midwest and the south, and major cities like Chicago and Los Angeles. It was puzzling. Lucky areas include Northern California, New Jersey, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Trumbull, CT. This will make for 17 US stores, but if they really want to overtake Zara, they're going to have to work harder than that.
· Hillsdale Shopping Center in San Mateo, CA –(October 11th)
· Stonestown Galleria in San Francisco, CA (October 18th)
· Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, CA –(October 25th)
· Bay Street Emeryville in Emeryville, CA –(November 1st)
· Westfield Trumbull Shopping Center in Trumbull, CT (November 8th)
· Bridgewater Commons Mall in Bridgewater, NJ (October 4th)
· Menlo Park Mall in Edison, NJ (November 1st)
· Staten Island Mall in Staten Island, NY –(October 18th)
· Atlantic Terminal Mall in Brooklyn, NY (October 25th)
· Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove, NY –(November 8th)