Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Bobbi Brown via WWD
Bobbi Brown is launching a makeup channel on the YouTubes this Monday called I Love Makeup. We're looking to it because, besides the fact that a respected name in beauty is heading it up, and we're nostalgic for the books our mom's bought us on teen beauty after many self-makeovers failed horribly, the programs sound fun for adults and teens alike. Also WWD continually promises it won't be a Bobbi Brown commercial, so that's good news.
Instead Brown has called on vlogger vets including Grace Helbig, Weylie Hoang, Taryn Southern, Alexa Losey, Sophia Chang and Claire Marshall to aggregate their material on the channel. Three shows a week will include Bobbi Brown products; Otherwise they're free to use whatever tools they prefer. See below for seven of the programs you can look forward to and what they feature.
· "Grace's Faces" with Grace Helbig: Pop-in make-overs.
· "The Pretty Party": A sort of reality TV style challenge-based makeup/new product testing
· "Haute Wheels": A beauty mobile will do a custom makover and lesson for one fan a week who's getting ready for an event
· "Make Up and Go": Getting ready with makeup gurus
· "Say It with Makeup": Musicians, painters, designers, and chefs will trade their respective trades for a box of makeup and a bunch of beauty tools
· "Inspiration Nation:" "An aspirational spin on the standard makeup how-to"
· "Beauty Dos, Don'ts, and Duhs": Quick fixes and beauty basics.
· Bobbi Brown Launching YouTube Channel [WWD]
· Katie Holmes Has Plans for Makeup, a Skincare Line, and Perfume [Racked]