Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
According to Bloomberg's research, Kylie Jenner has tapped into the extremely profitable crossroads of teen spirit and parental disposable income. But so of course she has; she's a Kardasho-Jenner, the family with salesmanship in its blood. It might be surprising, however, that Kylie is the most influential sister in terms of 18 to 24-year-olds with mom and/or dad's pre-paid credit card. Using fashion collage site Polyvore's data, Bloomberg determined that, "Kylie has been gradually trending up compared with her sisters in the past two years." Here's a graph that shows Kylie as the steady search term frontrunner for Polyvore's 20 million unique visitors:
Graph and data: Polyvore, via Bloomberg
And here are the best quotes from the full article with zero context. Some are quotes from Kris Jenner, Kylie's mom and momager, others are directly from Bloomberg. Guess which is which!
1. "Kylie was the third-most relevant Kardashian sister two years ago but has slowly climbed her way up the ranks."
2. "Kim dropped to No. 3 after her wedding hoopla was over—and has stayed there since."
3. "Kim turns 34 later this month, and in the minds and purses of young female consumers, she's already been surpassed by sisters half her age."
4. "The girls all are different heights, shapes, sizes. There is something for everyone."
5. "One of Kylie's defining moments was showing up at Kim's wedding with blue hair. She drove herself to the beauty shop and did it herself."
6. "Kylie is the youngest child; the future of the family business relies on her."
7. "Kourtney is 35 years old, [and] I deal with her stuff every day."