Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Time magazine just released its list of "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014," and reading through it is bound to make you feel like a slacker. But between profiles of teens who invested early in Bitcoin, earned a Nobel Peace Prize, and led civil disobedience movements in Hong Kong, Time also nominates Kendall and Kylie Jenner. According to the magazine, the list was compiled through analysis of social media followings, cultural accolades, business acumen, and more.
Other teen stars with major marketing and fashion industry chops on the list include Rookie magazine's Tavi Gevinson, Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka, singer Lorde, and YouTube phenom Bethany Mota. And Malia and Sasha Obama also earned a spot on the list—Time calls out Sasha's sold-out ASOS unicorn sweatshirt and the fact that Malia's "appearance at Chicago's Lollapalooza Music Festival caused almost as much of a stir as the musicians themselves."
· The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014 [Time]
· Don't Worry, World: SObama's Unicorn Sweater Is Returning [Racked]
· Rookie's Tavi Gevinson Faces Mixed Reviews on Broadway [Racked]
· YouTube Spending Millions to Keep Its Stars From Leaving [Racked]
· Kendall Jenner's Perfect Response to Backstage Bullying Rumors [Racked]