Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's clear by now that Amal Alamuddin is the most woman, ranking up there with Gisele breastfeeding while getting makeup applied for a photoshoot or doing yoga on national TV. It's a different stratosphere, populated by impossibly put-together types that always look so, so clean.
Anyway, here's a list of things Amal, as the most woman, maybe might definitely own. Take note, slobs:
1. Underwear specifically for working out.
2. Fancy pens. Like not BIC, but expensive serious pens.
3. A seven step beauty regimen that ends with night cream and toner. TONER.
4. A strapless bra that actually stays up.
5. Satin pillow cases.
6. Dedicated pajamas that are silk and come with a matching robe. No tees.
7. A signature recipe probably involving pasta.
8. Socks for every style of shoe.
9. A jewelry system. One that involves hanging jewelry instead of a smattering of dishes.
10. A real alarm clock—not just her phone. It's one that starts out quiet and gets subtly louder.
11. Special guest soap.
12. Lots of towels for different purposes. Hand towels. Body towels. Hair towels.
13. George Clooney or the equivalent.