Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Ikea has devised a solution to the fact that sitting at a desk all day isn't great for your health. In fact, sitting gets vilified in an Ikea press release for the new Ikea BEKANT sit/stand desk, in which the phrase "sitting is the new smoking" is used. The BEKANT desk is pretty slick though. It raises and lowers with the touch of one button, depending on whether you'd rather sit or stand. The desks also come in different shapes and sizes and can be configured in a variety of combinations.
· Ikea's New Robot Mirror Hands Out Compliments [Racked]
· What: Ikea Files Taxes As A Non-Profit Company [Racked]
· Ikea Employee Reveals Catalog Products Are 75% Photoshopped [Racked]
· Oh Yeah: Ikea Opens Super-Cheap Paper Shop [Racked]
· Where to Shop Online For a Home Office Overhaul [Racked]