Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Kim Kardashian, mobile app impresario, spoke at yesterday's Code/Mobile conference about her millions of social media followers and the crazy success of her Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game. And The Verge was there to liveblog all the Kim K highlights. Here, a few tidbits from her conversation:
· Kardashian is a die-hard Blackberry fan, and she uses her Blackberry Bold to type angry emails. She buys them on eBay. "I have anxiety that I will run out, and that BlackBerry will go extinct ... I'm on a mission to make that not happen," Kardashian says.
· Keeping Up With The Kardashians is time-consuming. Kardashian says for half the year, she wakes up at 6am and finishes filming at 9pm. And she says the show lets her tell the Kardashian-Jenner side of the story if she thinks the media got it wrong.
· Kardashian's considerate about her Instagramming. She has a personal rule not to post more than three photos of herself so as not to clog the feed, which is sweet. Instagram is her favorite because it has "a little bit more texture than words."
· Kardashian says it's just her on social media, and she doesn't have a team. She never puts a price tag on her tweets, but if she did, it would be more than $10,000 per tweet.
· She doesn't answer the question about how much money her mobile app has made, instead saying that it "did very well for me." Up next are new games that are "a little bit different."
· Kardashian's not into Google Glass. When asked if she wears Glass, she says, "I can't...I don't know. They're just not for me." Sticking with the Blackberry/iPhone combo, then.
· Live from Kim Kardashian's talk at Code Mobile [The Verge]
· Kim Kardashian's App is Not a Piece of Garbage. This is Why [Racked]
· Kim Kardashian Won't Get Out of Bed for Less Than $1 Million [Racked]
· Kim Kardashian's Movie-Going Attire Includes Bermuda Jorts, Aggressively Backless Top [Racked]