Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you're going to be subjected to a White Elephant/Secret Santa gift exchange by coworkers, friends, or your book club, you might as well bring something worth stealing back. We found 21 gifts worth doing just that, priced from $2 to $48.
Among our picks are winter skin-healing Josie Maran argan oil, a fair trade clutch by Proud Mary, a handful of pretty notebooks and stationery, and one bafflingly good-looking gilded pretzel bottle opener (trust us on this one).
$10 & Under
$25 & Under
- One Hundred Print by John Jannuzzi for Of a Kind, $20
- Restoration Hardware apron, $20 (from $29)
- Richer Poorer for Poketo socks, $12
- Greenwich Letterpress enamel pins, $12 each
- Sephora Favorites Cleansing Ritual To Go, $20
- Kate Spade New York mini notebook, $14
- Rifle Paper Co. stationery set, $22 for 12 cards with envelopes
$50 & Under
· Racked's 2014 Holiday Gift Guide [Racked]
· 14 Cool Gift Box Subscriptions for the Un-Giftable [Racked]