Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: Seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this is a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- After a great morning with meditation guru and fab fashion DJ Donna D’cruz, it’s time to prepare with healthy snacks. I love my BluePrintCleanse Lemon Cayenne Agave juices.
- My Burberry snow boots getting a workout as I prep for Fashion Week during the latest snowstorm!
- New rule for Fashion Week: YOGA! Started my day doing the Julie Wilcox Method.
- Being on the other side—selfie with my Glam Squad! Asami (middle) did my makeup and Drew Mickel (left) was my hairstylist!
- Went to work trying to find the perfect peek-a-boo nail colors for the Honor hair, makeup, and nail test. Success! We complemented my newest lacquer—created with my friend (not to mention iconic fashion and art photographer) Inez van Lamsweerde<
- Spending the afternoon at the Badgley Mischka test with my work boyfriends—the masters of hair, Peter Gray, and makeup, Tom Pecheux.
- Shoes, shoes, and MORE SHOES! Every girl's dream! I got up close and personal with all of the heels headed down the runway at Badgley Mischka.
- Decisions, decisions. The final two options when prepping with Mark and James at the Badgley Mischka nail test. Eventual winner seen on the left pinky.
- The “Band o’ French” manicure at the Band of Outsiders presentation mimicked the strong outline of the lip created by Dick Page.
- My absolute favorite look at the Band of Outsiders presentation! Such a fabulous moment when everything comes together.
- After a fantastic afternoon, I headed out with my team to Edun to create a nude look that perfectly complemented the teddy bear textures and graphic shapes of their 90’s rave inspired 2014 collection!
- Live streaming backstage at the Honor show. Here I am with my beautiful niece showing all of the fashion addicts at home a preview of the nail look before it hit the runway.
- An up-close shot of the beautiful flowers backstage at Honor. I was blown away by the beautiful detailing.
- Interview time! Sharing my inspiration and announcing the preview of my fall 2014 collection on the runway at Badgley Mischka.
- Right before the models walked out at the Lincoln Center Theater. Had to do a quick touch up to make sure every nail was perfect.
- The line-up for my last show at Fall/Winter Fashion Week, Narsico Rodriguez! Such a fantastic adventure.
Fashion week can take a lot out of even the seasoned vets, but Deborah Lippmann went into the week with a plan. Meditation, BluePrintCleanse juices, and regular yoga practice help keep the in-demand nail guru aligned despite her demanding schedule.
Her grueling, but glamorous, week included developing nail colors for Honor, creating a manicure to mimic the Chola lips at Band of Outsiders, and trying on the sparkly shoes backstage at Badgley Mischka before they hit the runway (#perks). Click through for a peak inside Deborah's world during one of her biggest weeks.
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked]