Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The new styles, IRL.
- Large tote in Royal with Royal interior, $675.
- Mini backpack in Camello with Orange, $585.
- Large bucket bag in Rosa, $695.
- Large wallet in Flamma with Flamma interior, $285.
- Mini bucket bag in Blu with Blu interior, $610.
- Large tote in white with Blu interior, $675.
- Large wallet in Royal with Royal interior, $285.
- Large bucket in white with Blu interior, $695.
- Backpack in black with Flamma interior, $745.
- Large tote in Cammello with Dolly interior, $485.
Minimalist bag line Mansur Gavriel caught the eye of fashion editors and shoppers alike when they debuted last summer, quickly selling out of retailers including Net-a-Porter, Need Supply Co., and Steven Alan. Based on what we saw at their fall 2014 preview last week, don't expect these suckers to hang out on retailers' shelves for long.
The new season adds a few elements to the beloved core collection including a new leather quality, calf, which is more supple than the sturdy vegetable-tanned leather of the core collection. It's also able to be dyed brighter hues, which include white, royal blue, and a baby pink called Rosa. Also new to the line is a backpack, available in two sizes, and a scaled-down version of their popular bucket bag, aptly titled the mini bucket.
One way to ensure you don't wind up on an endless wait list when these puppies hit stores? Pre-order them right now on Moda Operandi. Prices range from $285 for a large wallet to $745 for the large backpack, and you'll have to put half down now as a deposit. The bags are expected to be delivered in July.
· Mansur Gavriel Trusk Show [Moda Operandi]
· The Minimalist's Answer to the Bucket Bag [Racked]
· The It-Bag Headed for Bird and Steven Alan This Summer [Racked NY]