Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "This red, this geranium, I feel like it's slightly lit from within. It pushes out a bunch of light."
Racked: Is there any customer feedback you're afraid to get on your tour with Nordstrom?
Sarah Jessica Parker: "We don'
- "I never really was a big pumpkin fan but when I think about Bianca Jagger in 1979 or Maud Frizon in that period, that was so special in the shoe business. A pumpkin colored shoe is freaking gorgeous, you know. But I wouldn't typically be drawn to
- "Don't ask me to pick a favorite shoe! No way! There's some that I circle more than others and wear more frequently but I love them."
- "We have four heights, the Carrie is our highest. The Maud, the Tanny is as high but it doesn't feel like it because it's a bigger heel. There's something for everybody."
- Carrie pump, $355
- Maud sandal, $375
- Anna heel, $345
- Lady pump, $350
- Slim sandal, $345
- Bobbie pump, $365
- Maud sandal, $375
- Diana pump, $365
- Etta pump, $425
- Lady pump, $350; Brigitte sandal, $355
- Fawn pump, $350
- Silvia sandal, $345
- Alison boot, $485
Nordstrom held a press shopping event (and a Sarah Jessica Parker meet and greet) at their New York City pop-up shop yesterday, offering the chance to finally scope out the retailer's exclusive SJP line in the flesh (or satin, suede, or patent leather).
Parker told us that the collection is for "everybody. We have shoes of all heights and colors. We have a more bold color and we have a far more polite color. This was very much intended as a cross generational collection... There's a huge group of women I feel sort of indebted to, that have given me a lot of their time for many, many years." Unlike most attempts at serving "everybody," shoes from the collection could, really and truly, be worn to prom or a wedding or out Saturday night or Tuesday in the office.
Beyond the footwear, there is a selection of bags and a trench coat (called the Manhattan) available in two colors. After the jump, more of what Parker had to say about SJP and a closer look at the girly collection.