Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Peter Pilotto spring 2014 runway versus the brand's Target collaboration.
- Combine the Rash Guard in Black/White Print ($29.99) with coordinating skirt ($34.99) to recreate this optic dress.
- This hem is a favorite throughout the main line and the Target collab, shown again in this $34.99 skirt.
- Both lines do hyper-flattering waist accents with clever print placement. The Belted Dress in Red Floral Print on the left is $44.99.
- Sleeveless dresses with full skirts, ready to party hardy. Grab the one on the left in the Red Iris Print for $79.99.
- These stripey, wide leg pants will cost you $39.99 and are fairly comparable to the ones show for pre-spring 2014.
The 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target collection was incredibly derivative of the main line, but that's not so much the case with Peter Pilotto's offerings for the mass retailer. While a number of the brand's hallmarks are front and center—wild print mixing, flattering illusions at the waist, graphically asymmetric hems—very little in the capsule looks like it walked right off the British brand's catwalk.
Additionally, the brand has experimented with swimwear for the first time, and is offering accessories like sunglasses and slip-on sneakers, which you certainly don't see at their London Fashion Week shows. Not all hope is lost, PP fans on a budget: After the jump, we have five of your best bets for nabbing Pilotto signatures at Target price points.
· A Complete Guide to Crushing Peter Pilotto x Target [Racked]
· It's Here! The Full Peter Pilotto for Target Lookbook Is Here! [Racked]
· 10 Phillip Lim x Target Looks Pulled Straight From The Main Line [Racked]