Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Sarah Jessica Parker is an interview pro. The actress, who has been touring the country to promote her new shoe line SJP, did a sit down with Vogue recently that was unlike any other Sarah Jessica interview we've ever seen. First, it takes place in the star's gorgeous NYC townhouse, and second, it consists of the interviewer asking the actress 73 questions rapid-fire style.
Over what feels like a super-short five and a half minutes, SJP leads the Vogue interviewer around her place (nice ping-pong table!), brings him water and takes his coat and a call—all while answering every question with intelligence and grace. She's basically a superwoman. After the jump, some of our favorite responses; the full clip is above.
1. How long have you been in the area? "Just about 13 years."
2. What's your favorite season in New York City? "Fall."
3. What's your favorite activity in New York City? "Walking."
4. Would you ever leave New York City? "Not voluntarily."
14. iPhone or Android? "Blackberry."
15. Twitter or Instagram? "Instagram."
21. Least favorite food? "Parsley."
22. What do you love on your pizza? "Sausage, peppers, onions."
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? "On the bottom of my foot."
37. Dogs or cats? "Dogs."
41. What's your spirit animal? "Dove."
49. What's your favorite curse word? "Shit."
57 (?). Least favorite color? "Orange."
61. Blow dry or air dry? "Blow dry."
62. Heels or flats? "[Insert obvious look here]."
67. Pilates or yoga? "Pilates"
73. Is this the strangest interview you've ever had? "Nope, not really."
· 73 Questions with Sarah Jessica Parker [Vogue Video]
· At Last: Checking Out SJP IRL (With Sarah Jessica Parker!) [Racked]