Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Brangelina are here! Brad's in Tom Ford and Angelina's wearing metallic Elie Saab.
- Bonus Angelina profile shot.
- Jennifer Garner in a silver tulle tiered gown with bead embroidery from Oscar de la Renta.
- Kerry Washington in Jason Wu, giving us Angelina leg à la Oscars 2012.
- Oh hey, Lady Gaga in lavender metallic Versace.
- Penelope Cruz in a baby pink dress by Giambattista Valli.
- Sandra Bullock in a velvet navy blue look by Alexander McQueen.
- Another non-black suit. Leonardo DiCaprio in dark navy blue Armani.
- Gabourey Sidibe in a custom deep orchid dress by Theia.
- Alright, alright, alright. Matthew McConaughey (in yet another white tux jacket) with his mom and his wife Camila Alves (wearing custom Gabriela Cadena).
- Jenna Dewan in a feathery nude number by Reem Acra.
- Emma Watson in Vera Wang.
- Meryl Streep in black and white.
- Kate Hudson wearing the night's first cape, courtesy of Versace.
- Kate from the front.
- A blonde Julia Roberts in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci.
- J.Law matching the carpet in a bright red Dior peplum gown.
- J.Law is wearing $3M-worth of Neil Lane jewels, including a 100-carat diamond necklace (worn backwards, 'natch.)
- First print sighting: Chrissy Teigan in Monique L'hullier fall 2014, which happens to be a dress we were hoping to see on t
- Anne Hathaway looking fierce in Gucci.
- Charlize Theron looking incredible in dramatic Dior.
- More white (and cap sleeves) on the carpet, courtesy of Calista Flockhart in Andrew GN.
- Jessica Biel in metallic Chanel Couture.
- Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
- Kevin Spacey in Burberry. (Hey, Bingo players: this counts as a non-black suit!)
- Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive fall 2013.
- Ageless Bette Midler in Reem Acra.
- Jared Leto (sans man bun!) looking dapper in a white Saint Laurent dinner jacket.
- Glenn Close keeping it simply in Zac Posen.
- Lupita Nyong'o looking gorgeous in custom Prada. "This blue reminds me of Nairobi," she explains.
- Lupita's ring-and-mani game.
- Naomi Watts looking clean and classic in Calvin Klein Collection.
- Fashion-forward Pharrell ditched his infamous hat for statement shorts.
- Julia Delpy in Jenny Packham.
- Preggers Olivia Wilde in Valentino with her beau Jason Sudeikis.
- Amy Adams in Gucci Couture.
- Anna Kendrick looking sassy in a busy J.Mendel number.
- Kelly Ripa going for bold in orange.
- Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski (in Rani Zakhem)! They apparently went for an "angel theme."
- Johnny Weir's bedazzled shoes.
- Portia de Rossi in Naeem Kahn.
- Viola Davis in Escada.
- Kristin Chenoweth in Roberto Cavalli. (For those playing our red carpet Bingo game, she counts as a non-nominee wearing gold!)
- Cristin Milioti in Reem Acra.
- Liza Minelli giving us disco vibes in a cobalt blue silk pantsuit.
- Kristen Bell in Robert Cavalli.
The day has finally arrived. Soon, Ellen DeGeneres will take the stage to host the 86th Academy Awards, and we'll all finally see who scores this year's most coveted golden statues. But first, the red carpet! Whether you're TV-less or flipping through pre-show shenanigans, join us in critiquing the night's many looks by exploring our live gallery above. It's also time to start playing our red carpet Bingo/drinking game, so bust out the bubbly and keep your eyes peeled for winning sightings.
So far, whites (Portia de Rossi in Naeem Kahn) and metallics (Kristin Chenoweth in Roberto Cavalli) are having a moment, as are jewel tones (Viola Davis in Escada) and strapless gowns (Cristin Milioti in Reem Acra). Stay tuned for more, and be sure to follow our Twitter for live commentary.
· All Oscars 2014 Coverage [Racked National]
· Oscars 2014: Racked's Red Carpet Bingo! [Racked National]
· Kate Mara and More Stars Reveal Their Pre-Red Carpet Rituals [Racked LA]