Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward: An overview of trends straight from the best online shops.Click the Polyvore set to shop.
This week's dose of OMG-it's-almost-spring trends comes from Lexi Tawes, Vice President and General Manager of Piperlime. Tawes has her eyes on feminine, versatile pieces that will make for easy transition from cooler months to sunny days. On her list: Modern florals, ankle length denim, and the slip-on sneaker. Hear why she loves each trend, how to style, and what to buy after the jump.
- "What says spring better than florals? In new modern interpretations and scales they add instant femininity to every outfit. If you are new to the trend, pick styles with neutral backgrounds like navy, white or grey—they make the print more modern and ar
- Mother The Looker, $275
- Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Tiered Silk Maxi Dress, $418
- Rory Beca Fern Phoenix Racer Back Silk Tank, $145
- "No pant is more versatile to dress up or down than worn cropped denim and with all the hem interest and varying lengths, the added bonus is you can have a lot of fun coordinating with shoes. These authentic denim washes give instant cool to anything you
- Joe’s Skinny Ankle, $158
- McGuire Mrs. Robinson Jean, $198
- Current/Elliot The Cropped Straight Jean, $228
- "If there is one flat shoe to buy this season, it is the slip on sneaker. Pair with a girly dress or some great cropped pants for some downtown attitude– these shoes are comfortable, cool and will take you anywhere."
- Joie Kidmore, $190
- Steve Madden The Blonde Salad x Steve Madden Tnyc, $140
- Sam Edelman Becker, $110
· Piperlime [Official Site]
· Shopbop's Fashion Director Teaches Us How to Style Overalls [Racked]
· Three Spring Trends Editorialist Can't Wait To Bust Out [Racked]