Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Update March 28, 2014 at 11:55am: Here's our running lineblog from the sale, which includes pricing, wait times, various people's hauls and pictures from inside the convention center.
As previously reported, Lululemon has selected Minneapolis, Minnesota as the next city to host its warehouse sale. It's a straight shot from the Mall of America and is going down this weekend, March 28 through March 30.
While this will make it slightly easier for middle America to get its hands on heavily-discounted premium athleticwear, it will certainly be tougher for the brand's typically ultra-urban female customers to access cheap leggings. That's okay, though: As our sister site can testify, New York has been spoiled with sample sales for far too long. So if you're making the pilgrimage—whether it's a 15-mile or 1,500-mile journey—here's what you should know.
1. There is a 25 total item limit per guest (per visit). Athleticwear hoarders and eBay resellers be warned.
2. All items are final sale. So choose things you like.
3. Remember your ID! Credit and debit cards are accepted; cash and gift cards are not.
4. Prices will be further marked down as the sale goes on. There's no guarantee that your favorite goods will stick around that long, BUT Lulu will restock and add new styles every day.
5. Menswear items are a go. Meggings for everybody!
6. Know your size ahead of time. Separate communal changing rooms for men and women will be available. Sizes range is 2 to 12 for women and S to XXL for men.
7. Try not to lug coats and bags to the sale. If you must, a coat check ($2/item) and bag check ($3/item) will be available. Shopping bags will be provided to carry all your loot. Minnesota winters are so, so cold.
8. Strollers are welcome. But not recommended.
9. Look for layouts and maps, which will be provided once inside. "Educators" are also on board to help out. Please don't hound them.
10. Lululemon won't disclose the price list yet. Out-of-towners will just have to check Minneapolis off their travel bucket list and make it worth it no matter what.
For more info before and during the sale, follow @lululemonWHUS and the brand's blog.
· Lululemon's New Line: From Workout to Going Out in Peplums [Racked]
· Lululemon's 2014 Warehouse Sale Will Be in...Minnesota? [Racked]