Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward: An overview of trends straight from the best online shops.Click the Polyvore set to shop.
In the fourth week of our Spring Forward series, we have Kay Lee of Otte New York sounding off on three of her favorite trends for the season. The shop began as a boutique in Williamsburg, Brooklyn fifteen years ago, since expanding to an army of five boutiques across New York City, a killer online store, and an in-house label.
So what's the retail veteran feeling for spring? Lee fully backs the skater slip-ons we're seeing crop up everywhere as part of a larger sneaker trend. She's also feeling prints: On pants and in all iterations of tie-dye, to be specific. Check out her spring picks—plus how to wear them—from brands like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Kenzo, and Upstate after the jump.
- "A retro resurgence hit the runways for spring 2014, including tie-dye! Both established and new designers are experimenting with the print this year, bringing a relaxed feel to any look. Tie-dye works best in basic, easy-to-wear shapes like tee dresses,
- Raquel Allegra Tie Dye Perfect Tee
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Tie-Dye Pashli
- Upstate Breeze Hi-Lo Tank
- "Bright, printed pants are a great way to update your wardrobe for spring. This season offers a fun take on classic silhouettes in a variety for fabrics and cuts! They’re a great way to dress up your basics, becoming the statement piece of any look. Wear
- Otte New York Print Classic Pant in Kaleidoscope
- Kenzo Cubic Flowers Pant
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Geode Pant
- "The sneaker is going to be one of the biggest trends of 2014! They’ve been all over the runways and the fashion world the last few seasons and they’re not leaving anytime soon. We love a great sneaker at Otte because they’re easy to wear, comfortable and
- Vince Perforated Blaire Sneaker
- MM6 Leather Cutout Sneaker
- Woman by Common Projects Original Achilles Sneaker