Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Brace yourself because the shock of this word might hurt: Spring is coming. And that means we're springing forward this Sunday into more daylight and possibly, hopefully, maybe more reasonable temps. To help count down until winter's end, we've collected some of the most fun, classic, and covetable timepieces out there. Click through to see and shop them all.
UP TO $150: Maybe you're not ready for a watch that says, hey look ma, I'm an adult! Or maybe you just enjoy stacking up timepieces and matching them to daily outfits. Whatever the reasoning, below you'll find some beautifully affordable and affordably beautiful options.
- Topshop chunky chain watch, $35 at Topshop.
- Timex Easy Reader, $38 at Timex.
- Casio ladies wristwatch, $72 at American Apparel.
- Komono Fat Wizard in grape, approx $75 at Komono.
- Cold Picnic handmade natural leather watch, $88 at Cold Picnic.
- La Mer Camel smooth washed wrap watch, $92 at Need Supply.
- Nixon The Re-Run, $125 at Nixon.
$150 TO $600: This isn't your first timepiece rodeo, so why not invest in something a little flashier and sturdier. Find great picks from Shinola and the MoMA Store below.
- Daniel Wellington Cardiff, $149 at Daniel Wellington.
- David Ericsson blue-and-rose gold Horizon watch, $225 at MoMA.
- Mondaine's Big Case Swiss Railway Watch, $210 at the
- Kate Spade Gramercy bracelet, $225 at Kate Spade.
- Shinola The Runway orange leather watch, $575 at Shinola.
- Movado Bold round bracelet watch, $595 at Nordstrom.
INVEST IN THE FUTURE: Classy, impeccably built, and sooo pretty, these watches will last a lifetime. Hand them down or just take them to the grave (no judgements).
- Givenchy Seventeen watch, $990 at Net-A-Porter.
- Maison Martin Margiela double-band watch strap/ID bracelet, $995 at Barneys.
- Junghans Max Bill Automatic, $1,276 at Steven Alan.
- Reed Krakoff stud watch, $1,295 at Reed Krakoff.
- Chanel Premiere chain bracelet watch in yellow gold, $19,000 at Chanel.
- Vintage 18K gold Rolex Day-Date with rare Tiger's Eye dial, $28,500 at Moda Operandi.