Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- You know whose look didn't sell out in eight minutes today? Prince William's. All images via Getty.
- Don't let the colored pants trend wear you, Will. You've got to wear the trend. Or in this case, just avoid the trend.
- Somewhere, a tailor is begging to rectify this situation.
- The collar has a plot for outfit domination brewing here, and even Kate's hair can't stop it.
- Hold up. Is that a thin printed belt nicely set off against black pants? Props, Will. Maybe you should pull that out of your luggage again instead of those suede loafers that keep resurfacing.
- And, just for reference: this is what flawlessness looks like.
Today, Kate stepped out into the world and instantly the DVF wrap dress she was wearing sold out online. She dominates style slideshows without breaking a sweat, and it may be a little early to tell but we're willing to bet that George will follow in her footsteps (you can't go wrong in embroidered sailboat shorteralls). However, Prince William remains in the shadow of Kate's flawlessness, striding along in what appears to be suede loafers and making fashion-forward comments to Kate like "You look like a banana." True, menswear doesn't have an equal range of options as womenswear, but that just makes focusing on the smaller details that much more important. It's due time for Will to start holding his own in the sartorial realm.