Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward: An overview of trends straight from the best online shops.Click the Polyvore set to shop.
The Dreslyn stocks the stuff minimalist dreams are made of. But just because you prefer to keep it clean, cool, and collected doesn't mean you don't itch for some newness with the turn of the season. Founder Brooke Taylor Corcia cued us in on three essential updates that will get black-and-white hearts beating: Graphic back details, subtly sexy jumpsuits, your favorite lack-of-color in key silhouettes. Click through for her picks from Helmut Lang, Raquel Allegra, Opening Ceremony, and more, after the jump.
- "Bring sexy back—literally. Cut-out shapes and strap detailing adds interest to otherwise timeless pieces. Pair sexier shapes with flats for balance and that 'California cool'."
- Rag & Bone Division Dress, $595
- Helmut Lang Square Cut-Out Dress, $530
- Shaina Mote Tie Dress, $295
- "We’re having serious nostalgia for the '90s at The Dreslyn and jumpsuits have found their way back into our rotation in every fabrication. They're easy, androgynous, and subtly sexy. To keep it modern, pair with Tess Giberson's
- Rag & Bone Box jumpsuit, $595; Common Projects Minimalist Sandal, $395; Illesteva Lou Re
- Raquel Allegra Jumpsuit, $395; Golden Goose Superstar Sneakers, $520
- Current/Elliott Ranchhand Overall, $345; Illesteva Milan Sunnies, $300
- "White is a forever classic and the foundation for this season’s palette. This spring, it goes beyond basic with more daring silhouettes. Proportion and structure define this trend so try a cropped top or oversized maxi dress with serious volume. G
- Opening Ceremony Rock Jacquard Pleated Bustier Top, $315
- Wayne Asymmetric T-Shirt Dress, $505
- Raquel Allegra Maxi Tank Dress, $195