Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Taylor Swift manages to rock a high slit, crop top and cut-outs without looking absolutely crazy. She's a magician.
- Shakira, not even a country singer, rocks the strangest look.
- Danielle Bradbery repping the long sleeve, long dress trend.
- One of those if you got it, flaunt situations for Olivia Munn.
- Carrie Underwood took a sparkly twist on the white, tie-dye trend.
- Risky flower look on Shawna Thompson.
- Prom-spiration by Kellie Pickler.
- Sheryl Crow's still got it.
- So does Faith Hill.
- Kacey Musgraves' songs might be progressive for country music, but this dress is not.
- Miranda Lambert brought the Vegas.
- Angie Harmon (Again, Vegas. But good Vegas!)
- Nancy O'Dell and country's version of Angelina leg.
- Kimberly Perry from The Band Perry killed it.
The Academy of Country Music Awards, held annually in Las Vegas, is usually a perfect storm of a damn good time and insane looks featuring a lot of fringe, hats, sparkles and hemlines that fly in the face of taste. But this past weekend, the red carpet functioned more as a steady stream of perfectly appropriate dresses for an evening of awards at best and prom-spiration at worst. In fact, the craziest look goes to Shakira who isn't even a country singer. Take a look below.
· 34 Looks From the BAFTA Red Carpet [Racked]
· 24 Dresses You Might Have Missed From the Oscars Afterparty [Racked]