Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to GroupTalk, a new Racked feature where we highlight debates raging on the internet's fashion, beauty and fitness forums.
Over on The Fashion Spot, there's a discussion taking place about Marie Claire's new cover. Or rather, covers—for their Hollywood Issue, the magazine shot Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o as well as actresses Kate Mara (House of Cards), Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Elizabeth Olsen and Elle Fanning.
Topics of conversation include how Lupita deserves her own cover, and whose look is best. Thoughts, from the thread:
· "Lupita's cover is so wonderful... a bit retro..."
· "I'm annoyed that Lupita is an Oscar winner but has to share her debut Marie Claire cover with two other actresses."
· "I don't like either of them. Weird positioning and they are all drowned in those huge headlines..."
· "At first I thought it was the Miu Miu cast LOL"
· "It looks like something out of V, I love it."
What do you think of the covers? And when will the inevitable Lupita Vogue edition debut? Leave your thoughts in the comments.
· These Girls Are on Fire [Marie Claire]
· Who Cover-Modeled Better: Brooklyn or David Beckham? [Racked]
· Behold: Kim Kardashian and Kanye's Bridal 'Vogue' Cover [Racked]