Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: Seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this is a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Packing for the USA! My travel essentials include my ONE Active trainers and outfit, my new book Total Body Transformation, a Sony hand-held video camera, my passport and iPad, my favorite Hermes bracelet, Chanel foundat
- Just arrived in NYC for phase two of my Total Body Transformation book tour. My skin takes a beating from the long flight from Australia, so I make sure to have my Juno face oil with me at all times.
- I'm feeling adventurous so I've decided to go with an ultra modern blue shade for my mani.
- Today is the book launch! I'm off to an early business meeting with my team and keeping my makeup natural with some of my favorite products from Gloss in Beverly Hills.
- Stopped to take in the view during a walk through for The Today Show at Rockefeller Plaza. We're going to attempt to break a Guinness World Record on air this Thursday.
- Prepping for another television appearance tomorrow with Sunday Riley skin care.
- Natural but fun makeup for my television appearance this morning. I'm going for a bright lip to my pink polish change.
- On set!
- Grabbed this Essential Greens for a mid-morning pick-me-up. Wish it had ginger, but it will do!
- Off to another taping, then a meeting with Conde Nast Entertainment. Sprucing up my look with big lashes and a fun pink blush!
- An extra early glam session before The Today Show. I slather on Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer because I'll be outdoors.
- We broke the record for largest group exercise ball class!
- The sea of blue exercise balls in Rockefeller Plaza.
- Giving my hair a much needed lift with one of my favorite thickening mousses before yet another television appearance.
- Lashes, bronzer, and a light lip. Camera-ready in 30 minutes.
- Quick bite to eat then off to the airport. I'm spending the weekend in LA before Tuesday’s appearance on Access Hollywood.
- Going for a run on the beach. I love LA's sunny climate. It reminds me of Sydney.
- Business lunch followed by an afternoon of meetings. To achieve a polished look when short on time, I focus on clean brows and glowing skin.
- I'm treating myself to a West Coast manicure. Now I just have to decide which shade to choose.
- Flipping through this month's Women’s Health with a cup of black coffee. I loved seeing my book included in the magazine (page 74!).
- First day off in... forever. This is paradise! Protecting my skin with SPF 50.
- A light and relaxing dinner in Malibu to prep for the week ahead!
In her homeland, Aussie fitness superstar Michelle Bridges is essentially the equivalent to Jillian Michaels—and not just because she's a trainer on Australia's Biggest Loser. She has the whole health/fitness/wellness empire covered, offering activewear and equipment, DVDs, books, and even an online weight loss program.
2014 is the year she sweeps the States, which included a week in New York and Los Angeles promoting her latest title, Total Body Transformation. In her week of documented beauty, Michelle shares how she handles skincare after the epic flight from Australia to our fair shores, her shortcuts for looking polished in a flash, and the makeup she chose for breaking a world record on The Today Show (hey, it's not every day...).
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked]
· Beauty Diary: SoulCycle Instructor Emily Turner [Racked NY]
· Beauty Diary: 2013 Hottest Trainer Emily Cook Harris [Racked NY]