Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Braid game. All photos via Getty.
- Sofia Coppola in her element is perfection.
- Karlie Kloss in loose, sweeping elegance.
- Wind-swept goodness on Alice Taglioni.
- Middle-part madness on Kendall Jenner (who is, let's note, a. in Cannes and b. wearing Chanel. Okay.)
- Paz Vega: Like Sofia's, but shellacked.
- Nicole Kidman barrel roll into a braid.
- Detail shot.
- And, you know, for those confusing summer nights, when nothing else will do.
In a world where hair is being attacked from all angles into short crops, one star dares to say "long hair, don't care." Introducing Blake Lively's most epic braid of all time, courtesy of the Cannes 2014 film festival red carpet kick-off. But Blake is just the beginning of the hair inspiration, mostly found before the Grace Of Monaco premier (hosted by Opening Ceremony). There's also Nicole, Sofia, Karlie and more who have plenty of easy, off-the-neck looks that would add a lot of variety to summer style—even without the floor-length gowns and badass diamonds. And if you need more, more, more take a gander at our "Summer Hair Inspiration" board on Pinterest for other ideas.