Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a new Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time best buys.
- Image via Lo & Sons
- Jenny Berg, Racked Chicago editor: "I have my eye on the Travel Tote ($260), from Lo & Sons. It has an internal-support strap system (so a laptop will be n
- Kenzie Bryant, Racked National senior editor: "The Swedish brand Sandqvist makes a quality no-frills, streamlined laptop bag called the E
- Driely Schwartz, Racked photographer: "I have at least four ONA bags (pictured: The Capri, $349). The
- Nicola Fumo, Racked market editor: "I just got word of two new bag lines tackling organization in a stylish way that I'm really excited about. The first is DAAME, which has two styles available for pre-order r
- "The other new bag line that's catching my eye is The Transience. These things are luxe, with price tags to match, but do such cool morphing that I had to share. The
- Izzy Grinspan, Racked editorial director: "I love my Madewell Transport Tote ($168). It's bi
- Anna Caplan, Racked Dallas editor: "I like Marc by Marc Jacobs' Nylon Diaper Bag ($298). I use i
- Susie Kostaras, Racked Boston editor: "I'm a huge fan of the LeSportsac Large Weekender ($116) and the crazy patterns
- "Another bag that has caught my eye recently is the Baggu x West Elm Dipped Weekender ($99). It's vinyl dipped on the bottom in either g
- Natalie Alcala, Racked Los Angeles editor: "I'm with Susie re: LeSportsac. I've had their black PVC
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "I splurged this year and bought myself the Clare Vivier Simple Tote (
- Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas editor: I love my Michael Kors
- Caitlin Petreycik, Racked New York features writer: "I use J. Crew's Downing bag ($168) in navy to
Today we're sharing our favorite bags with a purpose. These are the laptop bags, baby bags, and travel bags that we trust to haul our stuff around—and look good doing it. Read on for our editors' personal favorites from sleek, leather totes with brilliant compartments to splashy weekenders you'll eye immediately in the overhead compartment.
· All Editor's Essentials posts [Racked]