Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Loup Olive Windsor Overalls,
- Warehouse Denim Overall in Indigo, $113 at AS
- Base Range Long Strap Overall in Kaki, $185 at Need Supply Co.
- Topshop Faux Leather Overalls, $110 at Nordstrom
- Yohji Yamamoto Twill Overalls, $1,060 at Barneys
- Line & Dot Tailored Overalls,
- Frame Denim Le Garcon Overall in Blanc, $299
- BB Dakota Ray Overalls in Army Green, $73.50 (from $105) at Shopbop
"I don't want to look like an old babysitter," is how a friend summarized her overall revival fears. There is, thankfully, an alternative to distressed denim coveralls in a new breed of the throwback silhouette that is—dare we say—kind of chic. See for yourself after the jump, in our roundup of eight grown-up overalls, ranging from a $73 BB Dakota style all the way up to a Yohji Yamamoto take asking a little more than a G.