Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Confusing things about Jessica Simpson's selfie on Instagram today:
1. She appears to have taken a break from casual golfing in a cut-out one-piece and 5-inch wedge heels, wandered onto a veranda and posed.
2. The caption is "If I'm in a bathing suit I should pose proudly." So that's what proud looks like. Huh.
3. It's oddly reminiscent of Beyoncé's golfing thigh-gap controversy. Is #CelebritiesGoGolfingInBathingSuitsAndPostItOnInstagramWhereTheirBodies
AreCommentedOnAdNauseum trending yet?
4. There are two of the same picture available for scrutiny.
5. It's a Mara Hoffman suit. But that's not really confusing. Mostly it's just cute.
But regardless of the weirdness, Jessica Simpson: