Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: Seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this is a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Delicious daily probiotics the kombucha way!
- Hello, L.A. Hitting the ground running from my flight to Lorna Jane Santa Monica.
- Scrubba-dub-dub. There is nothing like a good shower and DIY scrub post-flight.
- Morning hit of high-energy greens to fight tired traveling skin.
- Fit friends! The beautiful Zuska Light working it in 100 degrees—no excuses!
- I love revealing what's next... Shh!
- Hello, La Jolla! What a view.
- Sneaking in a moment to call Bill, my best friend/business partner/hubby.
- Active Living Room launch with these beautiful sporty sisters.
- Kicking off the morning with a beautiful hike in La Jolla.
- Squeezing in some pool time between appointments!
- A little night time pick-me-up with my favorite essential oils.
- Sharing my active living philosophy and summer trends with Fox 5.
- A walk in Venice Beach before my flight to NYC.
- My inflight essential: Kora Daily Hand Cream.
- The perfect post-workout refreshment!
- Getting a bit MORE out of life in Times Square.
- Packing my bag for the day ahead.
- Admiring gorgeous tomatoes at the farmers market in Union Square.
- Feeling the burn with the lovely ladies of Physique 57.
- Finishing the night with a nourishing meal and great company!
- Soaking up the sun (and catching up on e-mails) mid-morning.
- My final NYC meeting before jetting back to LAX.
- You are what you eat, and oily fish equals beautiful skin!
Lorna Jane Clarkson is the founder of activewear line Lorna Jane, which she started a whopping 25 years ago as a fitness instructor frustrated with options in the category. These days, there are more than 155 Lorna Jane stores worldwide, mostly in her native Australia, but here in Arizona, California, and Texas, too.
On top of the activewear brand, Lorna Jane runs an inspiring wellness site named after her philosophy of Move, Nourish, Believe. In her week of documented beauty stateside, Lorna Jane hits both coasts—LA and NYC—sharing how she stays fueled, makes activity a part of daily living, and looks good doing it.