Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our seasonal series Get Right for Summer has one aim: to make sure you're completely beautified before the thermostat hits 90.
- Photo by Driely S. for Racked.
- Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas editor: "Bliss
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "When I'm in between bikini waxes I like the Completely Bare hypo-allergenic strips ($13)."
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "My favorite razors are the Schick Intuition razors (remember the Jewel commercial?). They have a set with aloe, and another with
- Natalie Alcala, Racked Los Angeles editor: Since many razors are sadly tested on animals and feature moisture strips that contain animal products, I like Preserve's
- Jenny Berg, Racked Chicago editor: "I love Eos' Ultra-Moisturizing shave cream ($3.40). It has a creamy, lotion-like
- Nicola Fumo, Racked market editor: "Harry's Shave Cream ($8) is not the only grooming product I've 'borrowed' from a boyfriend (Old Spice makes a damn
This marks the final week of our Get Right For Summer series. If you've been following along, your hair ought to be cut—and styled—all twenty digits perfectly polished, and your faux-glow should have co-workers wondering if you did an island quickie over Memorial Day Weekend.
There are just a few details to smooth out before you take the season by storm—and we've rounded up the best at-home wax kits and strips, trusted razors, and the best shave creams for the job. Click through to discover a cruelty-free razor and the shaving cream that's worth stealing from your boyfriend, plus four more genius products—tested and loved by our editors—for at-home hair removal.
· All Get Right For Summer posts [Racked]