POUNDFit wellness sherpa
- Kristen: We created the class around three and a half years ago. We had [laughs] pretty much spent our lives being athletes and being in a team environment. We’re both also very obsessed with music and drumming, but we were having an issue w
- Kristen: [With POUND], Cristina and I wanted to create a place for you to escape where you can really sink in to the music and the beat. But, at the same time, we’re tricking you into a very challenging workout and a very safe and effective workout
- I grab a dark chocolate and sea salt power bar and head to Crunch’s website to check out their video promo for POUND. I quickly note that Converse appear to be the footwear of choice. Check. I also notice that everyone is wearing a much cooler twis
- As the class sets up, I notice that the majority of the participants are in the classic workout uniform: black lycra pants, colorful athletic tanks and running shoes. The instructor, Zuta, walks in. She's barefoot, wearing a cropped tee (score!) and bo
- This class is only 30 minutes long and the Crunch schedule is full, so Zuta wastes no time diving right in. We begin tapping our sticks in unison—the clacking is extremely infectious—and doing a series of squats and lunges to stretch an
- I'm pretty shocked when the cool down begins. I had forgotten this class was only a half hour. I leave feeling extremely confident that I could have rocked out for longer. I also feel compelled to start a chick band—maybe The Shanimals? Hmmm. I
Cost per class: Prices vary based on gym policies. Some classes are free with your gym membership, like at CRUNCH locations.
Sweat Score: 6.5 on a scale of 1 ("dry as ice") to 10 ("sweating buckets"). This score
What to bring with you: A bottle of water and a towel. Drum sticks and mats are provided at the gym.
Definitely try it if: You're in the mood to break a sweat while feeling like a rockstar. You want to trick your cor