Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Anya Hindmarch Ebury Featherweight Frosties Tote, $2,295
- Deconstructed Bathurst Satchel, $2,950
- Anya Hindmarch Pilchards Clutch, $1,450
- Anya Hindmarch Imperial Coco Pops Snakeskin Clutch, $1,595
- Anya Hindmarch Digestives Clutch, $1,450
- Smiley Maxi Featherweight Ebury, $2,295
- Anya Hindmarch Daz Georgiana Clutch, $995
- Anya Hindmarch Ebury Maxi Featherweight Ship Household Tote, $2,295
- Anya Hindmarch Ginger Nuts Clutch, $1,450
- Smiley Georgiana Clutch, $995
- Anya Hindmarch Imperial Corn Flakes Clutch, $1,595
- Anya Hindmarch Ariel Georgiana Clutch, $995
- Anya Hindmarch Ebury Maxi Feather Swan Vestas Tote, $2,295
- Anya Hindmarch Ebury Maxi Featherweight Corn Flakes Tote, $2,295
- Anya Hindmarch Imperial Frosties Snakeskin Clutch, $1,595
- Smiley Hadlow Clutch, $1,150
- Anya Hindmarch Rich Tea Clutch, $1,450
Anya Hindmarch is jumping on the culture appropriation train with a collection of bags that rival Moschino's McDonalds lineup in both shock value and price tag. We thought Moschino was going out on a limb with an $865 McDonald's logo bag, but that price point is cheap compared to Hindmarch.
The designer reworked some of her most popular bag designs to reflect retro British consumer culture and the results make for easy street style bait at a mindblowingly expensive price tags. A Frosties-themed bag emblazoned with Tony the Tiger settles in at $2,295 and a smiley-faced "Have a Nice Day" bag will cost $2,950. On the lower end, a McVitie's (British consumer brand) Digestive Biscuit clutch rings in at $1,450 and a Daz laundry detergent clutch is priced at $995. Surprisingly, people are all about laundry detergent and digestive cookies on their bags because the entire line is currently sold out.
· Check Out Anya Hindmarch's Supremely Clever Retro Consumer Logo Bags [Purse Blog]
· Moschino Ads Manage to Make McDonald's Look Sophisticated [Racked]
· Is Jeremy Scott's Fall Moschino Line TOO Jeremy Scott? [Racked]