Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a new Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time best buys.
- Photo by Driely S. for Racked.
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "Bec & Bridge kills it when it comes to little black dresses that are super sexy without being too over-the-top. I'm really into
- "They're a splurge, but Tocca's dresses are really feminine and sweet (just like their beauty products). My favorite from this past season was the swan
- Kenzie Bryant, Racked National senior editor: "One of the only places I shop consistently for my summer dresses (and sandals!) since way, way back is a home town hero, Need Supply
- "Need also mixes super affordable, on-trend goods, in with their designer offerings. This sweet dress is on sale for $27.99, and
- Caitlin Petreycik, Racked New York features writer: "I like to toe the line between dress and caftan as much as possible in the summertime, and Ace & Jig consistently tu
- Natalie Alcala, Racked Los Angeles editor: "It wouldn't be a summer dress roundup without mentioning Reformation. I'm completely hooked on the sustainable line's well-ventilated, vintage-inspired pieces. Fa
- "My go-to for warm-weather party dresses is For Love & Lemons—an LA-based brand known for producing lightweight, skin-bearing styles. Current looks on my wish list include the sleeveless
- Danielle Directo-Meston, Racked Los Angeles associate editor: "I'm also a Reformation devotee, and I'll be reaching for their fit-and-flare B
- "LA-based NastyGal's trendy frock options are my budget-friendly go-tos, like this grown-up Wednesday Addams-like dress ($58) for summer soirees or this very
- Leslie Price, Racked National editor: "For baby showers, your boyfriend's sister's wedding, a bris or any other occasion where you want to look dressed up and also covered up, Tibi and DVF are my go-tos
- "Club Monaco has a surprisingly strong dress collection. This
- Nicola Fumo, Racked market editor: "I'll echo the Reformation and Tibi love stated earlier, and throw in Helmut Lang and Oak, who both stock good options for when you want to be a little less girly, but
- "I've been wooed recently by LA's Rory Beca, which does silk dresses with just the right amount of sexy, without giving away the cow (pictured, $218). I
- Laura Gurfein, Racked New York associate editor: "I'm a big fan of indie boutique Blessed Peacemakers. Close to half of the stuff in there is Yumi Kim, since Kim Phan owns this store, but I prefer to
- Susie Kostaras, Racked Boston editor: "For trend-minded and affordable dresses I often turn to BB Dakota and MINKPINK. Both brands are flirty, colorful, and have a variety of
- "My MINKPINK wishlist includes the darling vintage-inspired Queens Garden dress ($120) and this
Susan Stapleton, Racked Vegas editor: "Most of my dresses are either Diane von Furstenberg or Banana Republic. While I love wrap dresses, in the summer, I’m a big fan of
- Jenny Berg, Racked Chicago editor: "Lately, my go-to dress for cocktail parties has been this full-skirted nu
- Erika Graham, Racked National assistant editor: "One of my last great dress purchases came from Bib + Tuck, an online resale site that has been stoc
- Ashley Brozic, Racked Miami editor: "Is it just me or is have Australian designers taken over the fashion world? I've recently become quite the fan of BNKR, the only retailer to stock the full range of A
- Chavie Lieber, Racked features reporter: "I think Splendid does dresses really well. Light material, minimalist looks, and pretty great price point. I just got their
On a recent shoot at the Hukkster HQ for our weekly office style series, a staffer proclaimed, "Summer dresses are my low-cost binge. Is it possible to have too many? They're the bodega egg-and-cheese-on-a-roll of summer retail: cheap, satisfying, too many out there to see them all, but you're welcome to try."
With that perfectly pitched sentiment as a spring board, we present to you our editors' all-time favorite resources for summer dresses. The mall brands that get the job done, the boutiques that stock the coolest lines, and more than one Aussie label to know, all after the jump.