Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All photos via Getty
- The rumor that Cristiano Ronaldo's haircut intentionally resembles a boy's brain surgery scars is highly (
- It's more feasible that Ronaldo had to go with the ambiguous stripe because Nani already took the star.
- And in more Portugal hair news, Raul Meireles looks like a pirate internationally known as the Hawk'd Red Beard. Or "hipster" in laymens terms.
- Does Neymar have frosted tips like a Backstreet Boy? Oh yes he do.
- Uruguay's Edinson Cavani has a lot of potential for an epic man-bun.
- The US's Kyle Beckerman's dreads make us want to look back at it.
- Hola Guillermo Ochoa, me gusta la headband.
- Swoon City, circa Panagiotis Kone's head.
- Extra points for actually dying the fade are in order for France's Paul Pogba.
- We sincerely hope Arturo Vidal of Chile did this to his head because it's scientifically proven to make him go faster. He probably shaves his arms too.
- So aerodynamic. You can barely see him.
- France's Bacary Sagna is making our inner-five-year-old squirm with jealousy thanks to his Midas touch.
- Côte D'Ivoire's Die Serey somehow out-mohawks a legion of soccer players. This is big. This is really big.
- Not Richard Simmons. (David Luiz.)
- A late edition add for John Boye of Ghana's racing stripes. We'll resurrect the word "fierce" to describe the dye-job and then re-bury it immediately.
The word "best" in this "Best Hair of the World Cup" roundup can mean a few things. "Worst," for example. Or "most creative." Even "most swoon-worthy." In every case, though, "best" can be defined as "something slightly more fun to consider over this mind-crushing soccer bracket system." (But what do you meeeean that even though the US tied Portugal, we can still advance out of this group? What's a group?) Anyway, find dudes with hair below. · Neymar Went Full Backstreet Boy for Latest World Cup Match [Racked]
· Watch These World Cup Hotties Exchange Pants [Racked]