Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time best buys.
- Photo via Mikoh
- Leslie Price, Racked National editor: "I remember reading, a long time ago, in some women's mag, the advice that the less you wear on the beach, the better you look. This body-positive tip was definitely wrapp
- "Mikoh's suits fall into the same category (skimpy with interesting details). I like the Banyans top ($100) and the Lanai bottoms ($100)."
- Ashley Brozic, Racked Miami editor: "Someone at a swimwear store told me once that for every girl there's a swimwear brand. If so, I'm a
- "I also love the L*Space's mix-and-match swim pieces, specifically their reversible strap back halter top ($73) and the low down bottom ($73). I love the fact
- Natalie Alcala, Racked Los Angeles editor: "Triangl is an awesome Aussie swimwear label that I first discovered earlier this year. Their neoprene bikinis make me feel like a true badass. While it's definite
- "It's safe to say that Australians rule at making bikinis. My second pick is another designer from Down Under: Zimmermann. Their Sundown Tri Bikini in animal print is teeny-tiny, super-str
- Chavie Lieber, Racked features reporter: "I cannot stop recommending this Seafolly bikini top
- Esther Hahn, Racked San Francisco associate editor: "Faherty Brand makes swimsuits that are both flattering and functional (pictured:
- Danielle Directo-Meston, Racked Los Angeles associate editor: "For the days I'm not in the mood to bare my tummy, I love American Apparel's high-wai
- Kristen Philipkoski, Racked San Francisco editor: "This year I was looking for a bikini with a little more coverage, but I didn't want the retro, super-high waist look. Finding a happy medium wasn't easy but this
- Ashley Brozic, Racked Miami editor: "My cheeky bottom prayers were answered the day that a lovely saleswoman at Everything But Water pushed me to try on Luli Fama's
- Tiffany Yannetta, Racked New York editor: "I love the PINK Cheeky Hipster (from $19)
- Kenzie Bryant, Racked National senior editor: "I get a lot of compliments on the ruched
- Susie Kostaras, Racked Boston editor: "No big insider tip here, but I like the Victoria's Secret double string bottoms that you'll spot on ev
Following up last week's discussion of the very best one-piece swimsuits, we're talking all things two-piece today. Our editors are sharing the brands they love, the buys that have held up season after season, and their latest obsessions. If you're going to be next-to-naked in public it's probably work investing in just the right triangles of fabric, non?
Discover the adjustable Seafolly top that magically looks good on busts of all sizes, plus the eco brand our pro-surfer-turned-editor trusts, and the strategically placed seam your flat butt needs to know about.